Dr. Muhammad Yasser Arafat graduated (MBBS) from Rajshahi Medical College in 1994 and thereafter joined in government job under Ministry of Health & Family Planning in January 1997. He did his FCPS in Surgery in 2007 from Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeon (BCPS) & MS in Urology in 2010 from Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). Dr. Arafat went into self-retirement from Govt job in February 2011.
He worked as Consultant of Surgery & Urology in Fuad al Kahteeb Hospital, Cox’s Bazar for 2 years till 2012 and thereafter as Assistant Professor of Urology in AKIJ Medical College and Hospital in Khulna for 1 year till 2013. After that, he served Gazi Medical College Hospital in Khulna as Associate Professor of Urology for 5 years till 2019.
He is skilled in blood-less laser surgery of kidney stones, enlarged prostate, tumors and cancer. He further specializes in Endo-urology, Onco- urology, Andrology & Female urology.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MBBS – Rajshahi Medical College - 1994
- FCPS (Surgery) – BCPS – 2007
- MS (Urology) – BSMMU - 2010
- Associate Professor of Urology at Gazi Medical College Hospital in Khulna from 2014 to 2019
- Assistant Professor of Urology in AKIJ Medical College and Hospital in Khulna for 1 year till 2013
- Fouad al Khateeb Hospital Cox bazar in the Department of Urology from 2011 to 2012
- Ministry of Health & Family Planning in January 1997 to 2011