Obstetrics & Gynecology Department – often referred to as OB/GYN, OBGYN, Obs & Gynae, OBG and O&G
A Gynecologist is devoted only to the reproductive care of women while an Obstetrician is concerned with women during and a little after pregnancy. Obstetricians are also concerned with the health of the fetus. Almost all modern Gynecologists are also Obstetricians.
United Hospital’s Mother and Child Care Centre offers highly specialized services under renowned, efficient and skilled doctors to ensure mother and baby are in safe hands. We have 24 hours Obstetrics & Gynecology, Neonatal and Pediatrics emergency services with the following facilities:
- State-of-the-art operation theatres
- Neonatal & Pediatrics ICU
- Neonatal ventilator for critical respiratory care
- Giraffe omni bed incubator
- Neonatal & Pediatrics cardiac care
- Phototherapy unit
- Closed incubator / radiant warmer
- Follow up clinic for high risk newborns
- Vaccination centre
- Parental nutrition
United Hospital’s Obs & Gynae Department/Mother & Child Care Centre is dedicated to giving better then their best in terms of clinical support, proper guidance and healthcare for women and children.
A Gynecologist is a doctor who specializes in the medical care of women and their reproductive systems. Confirms the pregnancy and deals with mammograms, pap smear, uterine or vaginal infections, fertility problems or contraception, tubal ligations and hysterectomies. An Obstetrician is a doctor who specializes in the surgical care of women and their children during pregnancy, delivery/childbirth and post-natal care.
Gynecologists offer preventive reproductive health care and treat diseases while obstetricians deliver babies and care for mother and baby during post-delivery. Gynecology deals with the female reproductive organs and Obstetrics deals with the care of women and their offsprings during pregnancy, childbirth and for a period of time following birth.
United Hospital’s Neonatal and Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit is a very delicate and sensitive part of the hospital where neonates or new born babies are treated for life threatening illnesses. We provide top class, specialized personal care for every critical patient on 1:1 basis nursing service supervised by trained NICU and PICU doctors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our NICU and PICU Services & Facilities are:
- 24 hours supervision under guidance of highly trained consultant with over 10 years overseas experience in NICU and PICU.
- 24 hours presence of NICU and PICU doctors.
- 24 hours trained nursing staff for each individual patient (1:1 ratio in level lll).
- Hi-Tech vital sign monitors for every baby.
- Invasive & non-invasive haemodynamic monitoring system.
- Syringe & infusion pumps for metered medications and accurate volume infusions.
- Modern ventilator with monitoring facilities for babies own breathing effort.
- Bottle CPAP facilities.
- Surfactant administration for RDS babies.
- Transilluminator for detecting pneumothorax and appropriate management.
- Instant ABG analysis and electrolyte assessment.
- Modern incubator - (Giraffe) and also radiant warmer and incubators.
- Portable X-ray machine within the Care Unit.
- Bed side Echocardiogram and Ultra sonogram.
- 3 levels of NICU care:
Level lll - Managing very sick and preterm babies, also providing ventilator and CPAP facilities
Level ll - HID facilities for managing sick newborns
Level l - Management of neonatal jaundice providing phototherapy & management of infants
- Diabetic mother & routine checkup of healthy baby.
- Different modalities of modern phototherapy units including single, double and intensive phototherapy facilities.
- Bili blanket for reducing jaundice in preterm babies.
- Facilities for exchange transfusion in newborns.