Specialization in the evaluation & treatment of disorders affecting the Nervous System
The Neuro Centre at the state of the art United Hospital serves as the receiving point for the most seriously injured people from across the country and treats patients with brain and spine diseases from home and abroad. In addition to being a centre of excellence, the Neuro Centre aims to be an asset to national and international communities. Our physicians are experts in Neuroscience which is the scientific study of the nervous system.
- 5 dedicated Neuro ICU beds and additional beds in general ICU available on demand.
- 25 general beds in the Neuro Ward and additional VIP cabins, other cabins and shared cabin beds are available and functional.
- 2 dedicated Neuro Surgery operation theatres are in regular use.
Our Neuro Centre is fully equipped and under supervision of expert Neurologists & highly specialized Radiologists. Neuro Surgery and Neuro Medicine out patient service is available all working days from 9am-6pm and Emergency Services around the clock. Our staff members take excellent care and are practiced in treating all types of brain and spinal diseases.
Types of Spinal Disease:
- Neck pain and radiating pain in the upper limb
- Low back pain and radiating pain down to lower limbs
- Spinal tumor
- Spinal fracture and dislocation
- Infection of spine
- Spinal injury
- Congenital anomalies of spine and brain
Brain surgeries regularly performed in United Hospital’s Neuro Centre are:
- Head injury
- Multi-trauma brain tumors
- Skull base and pituitary tumor
- Intracranial hemorrhage
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage due to rupture of cerebral aneurysm & AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation)
- Clipping of cerebral aneurysm