The Radiology & Imaging Department of United Hospital provides extensive services to our patients with extremely sophisticated and sensitive bio-medical equipments such as the 500 slice CT Scan, HD 1.5 Tesla MRI, 2D & 3D/4D Ultrasonography with Color Doppler facilities, Computed Radiology & Digital Mammography.
500 Slice CT Scan
- Reduces the radiation risk by up to 40%
- 500 Slice multi-detector CT Scan gives high quality image
- Reduces the scan time
- Provides clear image which helps to get accurate results
- Is set with the latest ASRI Technology which reduces distortions
Who should undergo cardiac CT Angiogram?
Asymptomatic persons with the following risk factors:
- High blood pressure (>140/90mm of Hg)
- Family H/O heart disease
- Sedentary lifestyle (exercise less than three times a week)
- Overweight by 20% or more
- High stress lifestyle
- Men over 45 years old
- Woman over 55 years old
Symptomatic persons need it for:
- Detection and characterization of coronary artery occlusive lesions due to atherosclerosis (also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD)
- Follow up assessment of bypass grafts, stent patency etc
- Detection and characterization of coronary artery anomalies, aneurysms etc
- Functional cardiac assessment
- Characterization of congenital heart disease
- Detection of cardiac masses, pericardial diseases
Apart from its extensive applications in cardiology, the 64 slice VCT Scanner is used in
- Cerebral, abdominal and peripheral Angiography
- Cerebral perfusion studies
- High definition images of brain, thoracic and abdominal organs
- HRCT of lungs and temporal bone
- Virtual Endoscopy
- Maxillo-facial evaluation
- 3 dimensional studies of bones, joints and spines
High Definition 1.5 Tesla MRI
High definition technology enables attainment of high resolution images of the body at a faster rate, paving the way for widespread but targeted clinical application.
- It provides good imaging speed and clarity with excellent resolution and better tissue identification
- It performs the scan within half the time of the standard MRI
- In addition to faster scanning time and better image quality, it offers advanced HDMR which is a scanner that provides physicians with highly detailed pictures of the anatomy:
- Brain imaging with uncompromised image quality, despite patient motion
- Functional imaging to identify brain activity following a stroke
- Vascular imaging
- Evaluation of diabetic patient for low blood flow to the lower legs
- Extremely high-resolution images of the abdomen, for liver exams, with shorter breath holds and better organ coverage than previously possible
- High-resolution images of musculoskeletal system
3D / 4D Ultrasonography with Color Doppler facilities
The main advantage of this new technology includes improved assessment of complex anatomic structures, surface scan-analysis of minor defects, volumetric measurements of organs, spatial presentation of blood flow information and 3D examination of fetal skeleton. Modern 3D systems are capable of generating surface and transparent views depicting the sculpture-line reconstruction of surface structures of X-ray-like images of fetal skeletal anatomy. Color Doppler facilities provide imaging and evaluation of vascular system.
Computed Radiography & Mammography
Computed Radiography and Mammography are advanced manipulation technology that can provide excellent imaging for detection of lesions.
The Radiology & Imaging Unit is open 24 hours everyday for X-rays, MRIs, CT Scans and Mammograms which are done daily. Our expert technologists are always on hand and/or on-call. Our highly qualified team of Radiologists assesses each and every scan & x-ray film and reports are prepared under their supervision and monitoring. Every single film and report is seen and cross-checked by our Radiologists.