The Division of Nephrology at United Hospital works closely with other specialists, including cardiologists, endocrinologists, pharmacists, nurses, dietitians to deliver high-quality, cost-effective care to patients who suffer from problems involving the kidneys. Comprehensive services for nephrology outpatient and inpatient care, dialysis, and kidney transplant services are provided at UHL.
UHL treats nephrology disease, including:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Critical care nephrology
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Glomerular disease (glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney failure
- Kidney stone diseases
- Pediatric kidney disorders
- Polycystic and inherited kidney diseases
- Renal parenchymal/glomerular disease
The department of Transplant Nephrology offers world-leading care for patients who need kidney or pancreas transplantation:
- Pre-transplant evaluation and pre-transplant care for both kidney and pancreas transplant recipients
- Post-transplant long-term care for both kidney and pancreas transplant recipients
- Pre-transplant evaluation and pre-transplant care for living kidney donors
- Pre-emptive kidney transplant (leading to better long-term prognosis for certain patients).
Comprehensive renal replacement therapy options are available at UHL for patients with chronic kidney
failure. Dialysis specialists provide patients with comprehensive care, including:
- In-center 38 Haemodialysis machines.
- 24-hour emergency dialysis services
- 3 CRRT.
- Pre-emptive kidney transplantation evaluation.
- Educational programs for dialysis patients and their families.