He did his MBBS in 1981 from Mymensing Medical College. He obtained his PhD in Paediatric Surgery from University of Tokushima, Japan in 1992.
Prof Matin retired from Government services in May 2011 as Prof of Paediatric Surgery from Sher-E-Bangla Medical College, Barishal. Before that at different hierarchical positions he served in BSMMU (the then IPGM&R) for close to 3 years and in Dhaka Medical College for more than 10 years in Paediatric Surgery. He also served in Institute of Child and Maternal Health (ICMH) Dhaka as Prof & Head of Paediatric Surgery Dept. Further he served for 4 years as Consultant Paediatric Surgery in Sakaka, Saudi Arabia from 2006 to 2010.
He is working as Consultant Paediatric Surgery in Islami Bank Central Hospital Dhaka since May 2010.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MBBS – Mymensing Medical College - 1981
- PhD (Paediatric Surgery) – University of Tokushima, Japan – 1992
- Consultant, Department of Paediatric Surgery in Islami Bank Central Hospital Dhaka from 2010 till now
- Professor, Sher-E-Bangla Medical College, Barishal from 2010 to 2011
- Consultant, Paediatric Surgery in PARAS Central Hospital, Sakaka, Saudi Arabia from 2006 to 2010
- Associate Professor, Paediatric Surgery in Dhaka Medical Colege from 1995 to 2005